Below are some tips on how to use the PigOut Charcoal Rotisserie, how to select a pig and how to get ready for the ultimate pig roast. Hope you enjoy and don't forget to share!
Be Prepared - Below Are List of Items That You Need Before You Start
- Sharp knife to score the skin
- Salt / Dry rub seasoning
- Charcoal, natural fire starter or paper
- Metal Bucket to start coals
- Oven Gloves
- Meat thermometer – ensure your Pork reached 165 degC in the thickest part.
- Scissors to cut the great crackling skin
- Knife and Tongs to carve your Pig
- Appetites – oh, and plenty of Beer!
What You Don't Need
Chicken Wire, string, or wooden supports– your pig isn't going to need any of this stuff to hold it securely on the Pole during roasting. The 2 Spine Clamps and Four Prong Clamps hold your pig securely in place throughout roasting with perfect results every time. Remember, make sure your fire box is clean in order to avoid flare ups.
What Size of Pig Do I Need?
|Pig Size||Cooked Meat Yeild||Meal Portions||Fill Nuns Med. Size|
|60 lb||30 lb||40 / 60||90|
|100 lb||50 lb||80 / 100||150|
|150 lb||75 lb||130 / 150||225|
- Hip Of Beef
- Boned And Stuffed Birds
- Prime Rib
- Pork Shoulder
- Giant Kebabs
- Boneless Porchetta (Boned And Stuffed Bbq Pig)
- Whole Lambs Or Goat